This a a blog about gardening at “Valleyfield”, New Norfolk Tasmania. “Valleyfield” is listed with the National Trust. The land, beside the Derwent river in New Norfolk, was granted to two ex-convicts, William and Mary Abel, by Governor Lachlan Macquarie on 20 September 1813. William and Mary built a house on the land. The house has been continuously lived in and the land around it cultivated by various owners ever since.